The 2021 DGS girls track & field season is set to begin soon. Preseason contact days will start on March 8 and the regular season will begin on April 5. In order to participate in any of the contact days, you must register online and turn in a valid physical to the Athletic Office by March 8. The contact days are divided into 3 groups (sprinters, throwers, and distance). Each group has it’s own schedule. We will be communicating through Remind to the different groups, so you will NEED to join the appropriate Remind group.
- If you are going to be part of either the Sprinter OR Thrower groups, please TEXT @dgsprint21 to 81010 in order to join Remind.
- If you are going to be part of the Distance group, please TEXT @21-dist to 81010 in order to join Remind.
For contact days, sprinters will be meeting on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. We will send out a Remind message to let sprinters know the exact location for the day (it will mostly depend on the weather).
- Tuesdays: meet at DGS by the SE entrance to the track 4:00-5:15p OR inside by the DGS weightroom from 4:45-6:00p.
- Thursdays: meet at DGS by the SE entrance to the track OR Willowbrook Sports Performance Center from 4:00-5:15p.
- Saturdays: meet at DGS by the SE entrance to the track OR Willowbrook Sports Performance Center from 12:00-1:15p.
For contact days, throwers will be meeting on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45-5:00p in the DGS weightroom.
For contact days, distance runners will be meeting on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:50-5:15p outside of DGS Exit 27.