Registration for DGS summer camps is now open on the Online Registration page. Girls Cross Country & Track will have the following camps available:
- HS Cross Country Camp Grades 9-12 (Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu 7:00-9:00am, June 11 – July 25).
- This camp is for those girls planning on participating in the Fall cross country season. The focus will be improving endurance and fitness through distance running. No experience necessary. All CC camp participants are highly encouraged to also sign up for the Strength Training camp as it will be a crucial part of our upcoming season.
- HS Cross Country/Track Strength Training Grades 9-12 (Mon-Wed-Thu 9:00-10:00am, June 11 – July 25).
- The purpose of the strength camp is to provide another valuable component to our training this summer. Athletes will perform exercises to focus more on coordination, and hip & core strength. Strength training will be very beneficial to us over the summer to support running higher mileage. In addition to strength training, there will be teaching of running mechanics.
- Jr. High Cross Country Camp Grades 5-8th (Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu 7:30-9:00am, July 9 – July 26)
- This camp is for girls who are at the beginning stages of distance running. The instructors will introduce endurance running in a fun, low key environment. No experience is necessary.